“Kingdom” / “킹덤” series released on January 25, 2019 on Netflix.
Kdrama “Kingdom” will tell a thriller story in which a monstrous epidemic spreads across the country in the Joseon period, resulting of which, people turn into zombies. The crowned prince Lee Chang (Ju Ji-hoon) goes on a suicide mission to investigate about the mysterious plague and save the kingdom.
Thriller, Historical, Fantasy
The drama is will have a total of 6 episodes.
- It is Netflix’s first original Korean drama series to stream. 
- The Korean drama holds a big budget with an estimation of production cost reaching 2 billion won (US$1.7 million) per episode, according to the producers. 
- Traditional Buddhist gosa ceremony took place October 16, 2017 to bring about good fortune for the project. 
- Filming began at the end of October, 2017 at a set in Andong, South Korea.
- Love Alarm was the first Korean series confirmed for pick-up by Netflix, but Kingdom will be streamed first on the service since Love Alarm is scheduled for 2019. 
- Actor Song Joong Ki was first offered the lead role but declined; the role was taken by Joo Ji Hoon. 
- It is based on a web comic series “신의 나라 / Land of the Gods”, written by Kim Eun Hee.
- It is directed by Kim Seong-hun, who also 2016 hit Korean movie “Tunnel”.
- It is Kim Eun Hee’s first web comic. 
- It is expected to have a total of 3 seasons.